TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

It is only 1 1/2 years old and it keeps blacking out.

Customer Question
It is only 1...

It is only 1 1/2 years old and it keeps blacking out. Sometimes 3 time in 5 minutes and other times not for 2 hours.

Technician's Assistant: What's the model number of your TV? How old is it?

UN65JU7100 purchased 3/6/16

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

I am 68 and technology challenged. I can see the listing of all channels. Not sure if on all sources. There are mainly 3 channels I watch

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

Probably 1 month but getting worse

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Expert to know before I connect you?

Don't think so

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: TV
10/5/2017
TV Technician: Richard, Technician replied 7 months ago
Richard, Technician

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the TV (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then on the actual TV, hold the power button for 60 seconds then release.

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the TV, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

same problem

When it blanks out, does it come back on automatically? Or you need to turn it on?

This is a scam. You give the person the wrong information to bleed him of an additional $26

Scam?? Wrong information??

Ok, really not sure why you were so hostile to me now, all I asked was When it blanks out, does it come back on automatically? Or you need to turn it on?

Whatis the meaning behind calling me such names following those questions to you?

Louie, Technician