TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Tv works with my direct remote but not with the remote.

Customer Question
Tv works with my...

Tv works with my direct remote but not with the remote

Technician's Assistant: What's the model number of your TV? How old is it?

Sharp tv mayby 2 years

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Yes but when we go to watch a movie, i have to change to video 1

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

6 months and i was trying to change the way it sounds

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: TV
10/5/2017
TV Technician: Shahid, Technician replied 10 months ago
Shahid
Shahid, Technician

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you today. To make sure I don’t miss anything, please give me a minute to review your question.

- Could you please get me the complete model number written on back cover or side panel of TV?

Its not a valid model number, please recheck.

What is the brand/ make of your TV?

Sharp aquos lc-60uqq7u

Thanks for TV model number, correct number would be lc-60uq17u

Working on it and get back with you in couple of minutes

It could be either TV remote control or remote control sensor inside TV problem.

We can verify the TV remote with help of digital or cellphone camera as camera can see infra-red light signals of a remote control, please watch following video clip to verify the TV remote..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTf4x5LJrKQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UMPoifERrNs

If remote control found defective then a replacement remote is available with following supplier..

https://www.amazon.com/Sharp-RRMCGB118WJSA-Television-Remote-Control/dp/B0180Q5UOG?tag=incepin-20

and if remote control found good that means IR sensor board in TV is defective and should be replaced in TV, this small board is available with following supplier...

http://www.shopjimmy.com/sharp-duntkg369fm01-ir-remote-sensor.htm

If you are not comfortable working on it yourself then you may please use following link to get list of TV repair shops in area which will help to get repair quote...
http://www.tvrepairpros.com/
http://www.tvrepairman.com/
I'm sorry there is no easy or quick fix for this problem and it is definitely hardware failure that needs defective board replacement to resolve the issue. I trust my input will help you out as there is no other way around to fix the problem.
If you have any additional questions, feel free to ask. If you're satisfied, please rate me a 5-star at the top of your page so I can get credit of my work on website.
Thank you.

Correction, if you want to change input source in TV quickly then please find INPUT button among control buttons located on left side panel of TV, push it a few times to change input source to Video-1 or desired input.

Thanks

Do you need any further assistance with this question?