TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I just hooked to direct and need step by step assistance…

Customer Question
I just hooked to...

I just hooked to direct and need step by step assistance setting up the satellite service so we can follow out games etc while away from home.

Technician's Assistant: What's the model number of your TV? How old is it?

I don't know the modelnumber It is about three to four years old and is a smart Samsung

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Yes it all works but I need directions on how to set up a remote account that is all I need the guide and all is working just fine

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

It is NOT an issue! We just switched to Direct this afternoon.. HOW do I set up a remote acount so I can watch my shows whild on the road???

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Expert to know before I connect you?

Yes I am tense and in a hurry

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: TV
10/5/2017
TV Technician: Chris Lindsey, Technician replied 10 months ago
Chris Lindsey
Chris Lindsey, Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will be more than happy to help you with your question.

I apologize about your wait. Let me know if this helps you or not:

To download a program to your mobile device with the DIRECTV App, your device must be connected to the same Wi-Fi network as your HD DVR.

• Open the DIRECTV App
  • Tap Watch on Phone/Tablet
  • Select Watch Your DVR
  • Tap On DVR which will display your DVR playlist
  • • Select a program and Download. The program is then prepared on your HD DVR to view on your mobile device. (If “Auto Prepare” is enabled, this step is skipped)

A status bar displays download progress and changes to a play button once download is complete.

-Chris