Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

We moved. Just hooked smart TV to cable, no sound. Lost

Customer Question

We moved. Just hooked smart TV to cable, no sound. Lost remote to tv only have remote to cable box help. Vizio E470i-40
Category: TV
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review and reply.

Do you have this issue on all inputs, meaning cable, apps (like netflix), dvd, etc?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Everything
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

If you press the volume button on the cable remote, does the tv respond with the on screen volume indicator/bar at all, even if there is no sound? Or is the remote not programmed for the tv?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No I don't get a sound bar on tv
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Did you previously? I'm trying to determine if the cable remote has ever worked for the tv volume?

Also have you only ever used the tv speakers, or did you have some other audio system (soundbar, surround system, etc) previously?

Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, it appears your question is still open.

Do you need more help with this?