TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

My sony TV doesn't stay on. Keeps turning off and on. 2009…

Customer Question
My sony TV...

My sony TV doesn't stay on. Keeps turning off and on.

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

2009 Sony Bravia.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

A week or so. I haven't tried anything. Ive seen videos on it but im not the type to mess with electronics until someone gives me specific tips if it will help.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?

Just that I am using a universal remote on it. not sure if that matters.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: TV
10/4/2017
TV Technician: Mike G., Technician replied 10 months ago
Mike G.
Mike G., Technician

Hello, I see you were chatting with the site's automated response system. I am Mike, the real life technician assigned to help you. Sorry to hear you are having problems....
Are you available to chat with me right now?

What is the model number printed on the back of the tv?

Appears site sent you a phone call offer. I did not send the offer.
I am not available by phone, but we can continue our chat.....

KDL-46XBR9
ok

Please try this:
-unplug the tv POWER cord from the wall outlet.
-wait 3 full minutes then plug in the tv power cord and try to turn on using the button on the tv, not remote.

REPLY back here and tell me what happens.

Im not at home at the moment. Was hoping you can give me a list of options I can try when I get home from work tonight.

Reply back here when you get home and can try the procedure I suggested.

Sounds good. Thank you.

yep