TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

It keeps cutting out for a few seconds then re starting by…

Customer Question
It keeps cutting out...

It keeps cutting out for a few seconds then re starting by itself. Sometimes when it does not restart it need to switch it off at the wall to get it going again. If I touch the top of the body i get a static electric shock on some occasionsm

Technician's Assistant: What's the model number of your TV? How old is it?

PSS1F8500AMXRD

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Got from Tauranga in Novemeber 2015

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

About three weeks. Nothing untoward

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: TV
Answered in 1 minute by:
10/4/2017
TV Technician: Shahid, Technician replied 10 months ago
Shahid
Shahid, Technician

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you today. To make sure I don’t miss anything, please give me a minute to review your question.

- What video devices/ sources (such as cable box DVD player etc) are connected to TV and does the problem occur on all video input sources?

No just the TV
we have sky ecoder, DVD player, apple tv, connected

- Does the problem occur in TV regardless of what video source is being watched on it?