TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I have a Prism Digital LCD TV 7" screen. Model ATSC-710 10…

Customer Question
I have a Prism...

I have a Prism Digital LCD TV 7" screen.

Technician's Assistant: What's the model number of your TV? How old is it?

Model ATSC-710 10 yrs since TWC upgraded I cannot receive any signals.I love it because it sits on my desk in office and use it alot

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Menu works,cannot get signal on any channel

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

Today

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Expert to know before I connect you?

I tried using the telescoping antenna and that doesn't work. I have been using cable connection

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: TV
10/4/2017
TV Technician: Nathan, Installer replied 10 months ago
Nathan, Installer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review and reply.

Unfortunately, this is not going to work at this point. That tv does not contain the necessary qam tuner to pick up encrypted cable stations,

you can use it with TWC, but not off just the basic cable coax feed, you would need to actually contact TW and ask them to provide you with a cable box (set top box) which would then connect to the tvs coax or video input ports, and you'd then use the tw remote to change channels from there.

For local channels, it may be possible to get them via antenna, but teh telescope antenna on these is very weak and won't bring in most stations if you are indoors, you could connect a larger external antenna if desired however.

Best regards, ***** ***** for the news,