TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

We have an older model Vizio (don't have model no.

Customer Question
We have an older...

We have an older model Vizio (don't have model no. available) that is having a problem tuning on. We are connected to a DirecTV receiver where the remote also controls the set. When turned on the Vizio Panel light will change from orange to white, but sometimes will turn off (go back to orange) in a few seconds or, more commonly, begin flashing orange and white. Usually, if the equipment is turned off and then back on the issue will resolve itself (sometimes this takes more than 2 attempts), but today I could not get the flashing to respond to either the Vizio remote or the DirecTV remote. I unplugged the set for about 10 seconds, but when I restored power the flashing started again. Any thoughts?

Technician's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Vizio is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

I would estimate that the set is over 5 years old. It is a 47" model, but I am away from the house now and do not have the Model No. available.

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Nothing works until the TV turns on. It's like the set is receiving alternating on-off signals.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

This has been going on for several months. Don't recall any outside issue occurring prior.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Expert to know before I connect you?

That's about all I can say. If the exact model is needed, I'll have to get back later.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: TV
Answered in 1 minute by:
10/4/2017
TV Technician: Mike G., Technician replied 10 months ago
Mike G.
Mike G., Technician

Hello, I see you were chatting with the site's automated response system. I am Mike, the real life technician assigned to help you. Sorry to hear you are having problems....
Are you available to chat with me right now?

Let me know when you are ready

Are you having website difficulties preventing you from replying?