TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I purchased a 58" Samsung tv last week, the model number is…

Customer Question
I purchased a 58"...

I purchased a 58" Samsung tv last week, the model number is ***** it is working ok but I cant find the way to use the tv to wake me up every morning, the tv that I used to have, had the On Timer feature that I can't find in this new tv

Technician's Assistant: What's the model number of your TV? How old is it?

UN55ES6100

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Yes, it works

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

Yes, I have the problem in all inputs

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Expert to know before I connect you?

I want to know if this model have the On Timer feature because I can see the OFF Timer only

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: TV
10/4/2017
TV Technician: Nathan, Installer replied 10 months ago
Nathan, Installer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review and reply.

Unfortunately, no, that is not an option on this model. While it does have an auto power off feature and some other eco features for turning off, it does not have an on timer or alarm feature.

This is simply a limitation of the design of this particular model.

There are some alternate options you could try though such as connecting the power cord to a lamp timer that would turn on at a specific time. Even that though won't work reliably unless it is already powered on when the external timer cuts it off, and using this type of external power switch can lead to hardware damage of the tv over time, so it would not be recommended.

My apologies for the news,

Hello, it appears your question is still open.

Do you need more help with this?