TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I have the Mitsubishi 73-inch DLP. I have worked flawlessly…

Customer Question
I have the Mitsubishi 73-inch...
I have the Mitsubishi 73-inch DLP. I have worked flawlessly for years. Recently, I noticed a translucent 2-inch vertical bar adjacent to, and parallel with, the left case from the bottom to the top. The picture was fine. Slowly the picture started to become dull and the colors were on the pale side. I replaced the bulb. The tv would not turn on. I put the former bulb back in the set and--although it turned on--the original symptom was the same. Now the set won't turn on. A red light is observed on the front panel. Is it worth my time to have the tv repaired? All my friends tell me to get rid of it and I'm incline to do that if the cost of repairs is prohibitive. What seems to be wrong with the set?
Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: TV
Answered in 1 hour by:
10/4/2017
TV Technician: Anthony_Infotech, Technician replied 10 months ago
Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician

Hello
Welcome
I am sorry you are having trouble here,I am presently reviewing your question be with you very soon.

Anthony

Can you please get me the model number found on the back of the set?

Thank You

Anthony

Thank you Anthony. You can cancel. I decided to have it repaired and it (the guts) are presently in the shop. Again, thanks anyway.
Seems I need your advice after all. Model WD73831
TV Technician: littlerusty2005, Expert replied 10 months ago
littlerusty2005

Do you still need help with this?

Sorry for the delay in responding. Was caring for a sick family member. Yes. I still need help with this. I'll start over. The Mitsubishi is a WD73831. It was working great for years. Only had to replace the main bulb about three times since I purchased the set new. When the picture started to get dull in color and contrast (no definition so to speak), it began a downhill roll. There was a two inch translucent vertical bar on the left side of the screen. Then one day, the color in the picture went completely away and was replaced with a faded black and white picture (more gray and white). The remote and main set controls were ineffective in correcting the problem. The color would not return. Then suddenly the picture turned greenish and the set turned off. It wouldn't turn back on. After letting it "rest" for over an hour, it turned back on with the same original problem: faded color and brightness and a translucent black vertical bar on the left side. I replaced the main bulb with a brand new bulb and the set wouldn't turn on at all. There was a red light on the panel by this time. I put the "old" bulb back in and the set turned on but had the same issues. The red light on the panel went away. Then the black and white picture returned and the set turned off. What's going on with the set?
You can telephone me at(###) ###-####if that will expedite matters. Thank you.