Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

Today we placed my 48" flat screen tv on my new apartment

Customer Question

today we placed my 48" flat screen tv on my new apartment wall and all went well. Everything works the picture, channels, sound, etc. but it does not keep the back light on for more than 1-2 seconds when moving from channel to channel. It is attached to the apartment buildings TV source.
JA: What's the exact make and model of your television? And how long has this been happening with the channels?
Customer: The tv is a samsung ...am not sure of model number...if on back of tv..can not see it. there is a number on the remote. AA59-00601A
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: yes, TV menu works. Do not understand the second question.
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: This tv was just hung on the wall. During the Apartment designated installer operations it began right at the beginning. The back light comes on when you move from channel to channel. When he did the adjustment on the menu, etc.. he could see the wording, etc..but the screen was dark...back light was no on. all works well except the back light does not stay on.
JA: Anything else you want the Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I did note something about the back light on the back of the remote...but do not understand the message. it is about battery and back light issue.
Category: TV
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review and reply.

Can you please try to get the actual model number of the tv, it is printed on a sticker on the back and that is needed to give specifics.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can not get to the back of the tv... I am a older women who can neither lift it off the wall or move it in any way...so if needed then I need to go in another directions...to solve my problem... Thanks for trying.
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Can you tell me anything about it, such as the age and size (diagonal inches)?

Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

And do you have anything connected to it other than the apartment cable tv feed, such as a dvd player? If so, do other sources (besides apartment cable) have the same issue?