TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

The 48" LED LCD full HD smart TV serial 5516-SL48G45-B103115…

Customer Question
The 48" LED LCD...

The 48" LED LCD full HD smart TV serial 5516-SL48G45-B103115 Model SLD48G45RQ started freezing and buttons (TV and remote) do not work. I have unplugged and plugged back in for a temporary fix; problem still exists. I do not have the receipt readily available (storage). The unit was brought at WAL-MART in Newport, RI in 2016. Please provide any trouble shooting solutions via email (*****@******.***). I am currently at work and unable to talk for lengthy period of time.

Technician's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the exact make and model of your smart tv?

48" LED LCD full HD smart TV serial 5516-SL48G45-B103115 Model SLD48G45RQ

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

No, when I start the setup it will freeze and then the TV will shut itself off.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

This started Tuesday afternoon upon returning to work and it worked for the rest of Tuesday until late night.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: TV
10/4/2017
TV Technician: Anthony_Infotech, Technician replied 7 months ago
Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician

Hello
Welcome
I am sorry you are having trouble here,I am presently reviewing your question be with you very soon.

Anthony

We can only discuss this here I am afraid

If you see any pop up messages they are sent by the site not me

If you are too busy and want to talk later that is fine?you can just bookmark this page or sign in and go to my questions

go ahead
No, already paid 5.00 and not willing to pay another 26
What are the suggested solutions to fix the problem?

As I said you can ignore those the site is sending them, are you using the sets OWN ORIGINAL remote and its this that wont work when it locks up?

I am just making sure that any box you may be using satellite or cable is not to blame as these can lock up too

Well I just got an email stating an additional 33 has been charged to my credit card for a total (38.00). If I am not being charged (26.00) then yes I would prefer a telephone call around 4:15 pm (ET) today.
the remote and tv buttons will NOT work

I have nothing to do with billing I am a user of the site like you are, but as I understand this its $5 to ask the question the rest follows when I answer, (38) the $26 is FOR the phone call

You have no opted in to the phone call so you wont be charged for that

I prefer to end this conversation. I just wasted money for nothing. This is a SHAM.

I suggest you read the help pages from www.justanswer.com homepage about your funding

I will figure this out on my own thanks for the replies.

You can reclaim your deposit read the help pages

I cant provide any more info until you are happy with the billing,or not

Louie, Technician