TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

When I go to turn my Tv on the "on" light turns on and then…

Customer Question
When I go to...

When I go to turn my Tv on the "on" light turns on and then slowly fades out, I looked online and a lot of people seemed to have the same problem

Technician's Assistant: What's the make and model of your tv, and has turning it on been a problem in the past?

Its a 55 inch vizio smart TV, the model number E500i-B1, I'm not sure if thats what you were looking for and no this just happened out of the blue

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

No nothing turns on except for that light which eventually fades out

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

Since today, and no nothing out of the ordinary

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Expert to know before I connect you?

Nope thats all

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: TV
10/4/2017
TV Technician: Shahid, Technician replied 7 months ago
Shahid
Shahid, Technician

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you today. To make sure I don’t miss anything, please give me a minute to review your question.

- What video devices/ sources (such as cable box DVD player etc) are connected to TV and does the problem occur on all video input sources?

Right now nothing is connected, but usually my PS4 is connected, it was working fine yesterday

OK - Have you tried to disconnect TV power cord from power outlet for 10 minutes to reset, replug back in and check?
If not yet, please try it now and reply back with the result

I did that, I also did the vizio reset thing where you unplug it and hold the power button for 30 seconds and nothing happened there either

Sorry to hear that, it also confirmed TV has got internal failure and most likely it is main board internal failure that is why TV doesn't boot up. Replacement of identical main board in TV will fix the issue. Please check with following supplier link to get identical main board or search/ google it if you have plan to do it yourself..

http://www.shopjimmy.com/vizio/e500i-b1

If you are not comfortable working on it yourself then you may please use following link to get list of TV repair shops in area which will help to get repair quote...
http://www.tvrepairpros.com/
http://www.tvrepairman.com/
I'm sorry there is no easy or quick fix for this problem and it is definitely hardware failure that needs defective board replacement to resolve the issue. I trust my input will help you out to make decision about this TV repair or invest that money on new replacement TV.
If you have any additional questions, feel free to ask. If you're satisfied, please rate me a 5-star at the top of your page so I can get credit of my work on website.
Thank you.

Do you need any further assistance with this question?

Shahid
Shahid
Shahid, Technician