TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I have a Panasonic 1080p which works fine except that the…

Customer Question
I have a Panasonic...

I have a Panasonic 1080p which works fine except that the fast forward no longer works on the remote. I live at Half Moon Bay Auckland so where would the closest service agent be?

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

It says on it that it is a Panasonic 1080p & I think that I bought it about three years ago but I am 78, have had a stroke + concussion so my memory is not good

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

This just started a couple of days ago & at first I thought that it might be the remote control batteries so changed them & in any case all the other functions on the remote work fine.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?

I came to NZ in 1960 as a qualified TV technician & got NZ registration but of course with colour & now digital TV I am completely out of it now.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: TV
10/4/2017
TV Technician: Nathan, Installer replied 7 months ago
Nathan, Installer
Could you please tell me the full model number from the back of the tv?
My problem is not with a TV but with a Panasonic DVD recorder & although it says 1080p on the front
it has model number DMR-XW380 on the back.

Thank you for clarifying,

Will it still perform other functions like pause and rewind?

No but it will still record &I play back

Thanks for confirming,

what I'd like to have you check next is a quick test of the factory remote. Take the remote into a dim/dark room, and look at the infrared emitter at the front edge of the remote, as viewed through the DISPLAY (not the viewfinder) of a digital camera. A cell phone cam, web cam, security camera, etc will also work. Each time you press a button on the remote, you should see the emitter at the front light up, flash, or glow slightly. Compare what you see for the known working functions like play and record and see if you see that same light for the fast forward and rewind buttons.

Hello, it appears your question is still open.

Do you need more help with this?

Louie, Technician