TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

We have a smart tv and when you turn it on it shuts itself…

Customer Question
We have a smart...

We have a smart tv and when you turn it on it shuts itself off after about 2 minutes. Also, after about the first 10 seconds the tv is on, none of the buttons on the remote work. You can't change channels or volume and cant' turn it off. Also lost connection to youtube.

Technician's Assistant: What's the exact make and model of your television? And how long has this been happening with the channels?

It is an RCA model SLD40A45RQ T1000 series. It just started tonight which is the first we had the tv on today.

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

The menu button doesn't respond immediately and by the time you bring the menu up the buttons stop working and you can't do anything.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

It just started tonight about 6PM EST when we first turned the TV on. Nothing happened before this as the TV was off.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Expert to know before I connect you?

We tried unplugging to see if it would reset but still have the same problem. Don't know what else to try.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: TV
10/3/2017
TV Technician: Jack, Technician replied 10 months ago
Jack
Jack, Technician

Hello
My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with this.
A few questions coming up and please note that there may be delays between replies if i have to gather various info .
Also ,If you seem to lose me during the chat then refresh your browser (F5 key) and /or scroll down to the last written line at the bottom , that window seem to get stuck at times .
Please send me a hello so i know you can see my reply ?

hi
no phone call. we paid for tech support and provided email address, RCA paperwork said free lifetime tech support.

Sorry

Never got notification of your reply

.

It appears you replied but it is covered up by an another offer to place a phone call. could you please repeat?

f you received a $26 phone offer or any offers they are automated by the website ,NOT BY ME , I`m an independent tech. and have no control over those and I`m not available for it at this time although another expert here may take you up on that when it gets posted to the board
They are optional and you can just decline if you don`t want them

I just meant that I couldn't see your reply because of the phone call window not that you caused it to appear. if you asked a question or provided an answer I couldn't see it so that is why I asked for you to repeat your message.