TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

My tv smart cast screen is frozen. I can’t scroll and watch…

Customer Question
My tv smart cast...

My tv smart cast screen is frozen . I can’t scroll and watch Netflix . I called my cable company and they said it is a vizio problem

Technician's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Vizio is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

A year old

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

No . Just smart cast

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

It was working yesterday . Not today . The screen shows the different apps but won’t allow me to select one .

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: TV
10/3/2017
TV Technician: Aric, Technician replied 7 months ago
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

What's the full model number off of the back of the Vizio please?

Also are you just under a year old? Just over a year old? Or a years old to the date please?

I haven’t gotten a answer . Is this a scam ?

I haven't gotten a reply? Can you see my info request above on this page?

This here: What's the full model number off of the back of the Vizio please?

I don’t know the model number . It’s a 60 inch . Bough last year at Costco . Works great but now can’t streamcast

Try the steps below please:

Disconnect the set from power, then press and hold the power button on the TV itself (located on the lower left hand rear corner of the set), for 10 seconds and release. Then plug the set back in, and also check that the power cord is connected tight at the TV as well. Press power once, and see if the set powers up normally. Try this procedure up to 2 times, and please let me know what happens.

Were you able to try those steps? Are you still having the same problem?

It’s still not wirking
TV Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 7 months ago
Suhasini Velu

Hi, My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

TV Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 7 months ago

It seems the previous expert has opted out of this. Let me help you further with this.

TV Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 7 months ago

I see that you have already tried doing power cycle on your TV.

Please try following steps

To Factory Reset your SmartCast Home Theater Display/HDTV:

1. Open the SmartCast application on your VIZIO SmartCast Tablet or other smart device and select the device you need to reset in the device drop down.
  2. Click on the Settings Gear to the right of the device name
  3. Tap on the System option
  4. Tap on Reset & Admin
  5. Tap on Reset to Factory Settings and then tap on Yes
  6. Once this is completed, the TV will reset to Factory Defaults and open the First Time Setup Screen
  7. Tap on the menu icon in the upper left corner and select "Setup a New Device"
  8. Go through the first time setup following the on-screen instructions.
TV Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 7 months ago

And let me know if that works. I'll be waiting for your response.

I have my tablet but I’m confused .
TV Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 7 months ago

DO you have the vizio smart cast application on your tablet or what application do you use on it?

I have it on my tablet . I opened it . It shows all the apps .
TV Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 7 months ago

Can you send a screenshot of that to me, so that it can be easier for me to assist you.

Ok so I took a picture of the screen with my tablet . How do I send to u
TV Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 7 months ago

Try to send it to your email which you may access from your Computer.

But who do I and it to . What’s the email address
Im disconnecting . I’m frustrated and I don’t have time .
TV Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 7 months ago

I apologize for the delay response, In this same window you can see the Add file next to the send option. So you can attach the screenshot.

I went through the whole process as u indicated after restarting from factory set up . Now my tv is stating I need a new remote and I need to order one with up and down keys . This past weekend I was able to use my regular Time Warner remote . Why can’t I
TV Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 7 months ago

I understand, but I did a research on the Vizio website and support article. It shows us to follow this same troubleshooting and I am not aware of what is happening in the background on the TV and I am sorry to say that. I tried my level best but unfortunately I was unable to provided the proper solution. In this case, I can opt out this issue so the another expert who were well trained on this particular issue will be posting the answer back to you. So you don't have to worry about that.

Thank u for your help
TV Technician: Josh, Technician replied 7 months ago
Josh, Technician

Is this issue happening on your TV or your tablet?

Louie, Technician