TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I dont have a picture but I do have sound and my tv channel…

Customer Question
I dont have a...

I dont have a picture but I do have sound and my tv channel view, just no picture.. How can I get my picture BACK?

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

Panasonic

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

Tried

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?

Tried rebooting and turned tv off for awhile.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: TV
10/3/2017
TV Technician: Aric, Technician replied 10 months ago
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

What is the full model number off of the back of the TV?

How old is it?

If you use the original Panasonic remote and press MENU- will the set's own MENU display?

It is 8 years old

Please reply back with the rest to proceed.

Wait and let me call my husband or I can start again if you like since I have to call him and see if he's available to take my call

Are you at the TV right now?

So, can you grab the Panasonic remote and press MENU to let me know if the MENU displays,or no?

MENU does display

Okay, since the TV's MENU does display- then the issue is related to either the TV being on the wrong Input, or the cable box not being functional. Are you able to get the model number off of the back of the TV?

wait I'll get it

Okay thank you.

model #TH-50PX60U

Thank you. Now, when you say you "rebooted", did you actually shut the TV off- and then UNPLUG the power cord from the back of the cable box for 10 seconds?

Are you still with me here?

No I turned it off thinking that would do it. I'll press the reboot button for 10 seconds and see what happens. Don't go anywhere. It's rebooting. Please Give it a minute or 2.

Okay, I'm not sure who your cable provider is- BUT, a reboot "button" typically isn't going to do the trick, and the power cord should be unplugged as I had mentioned, but again- I have no way of knowing what cable box/provider you have.

YAY!!!!! That worked. Now I know what to do if it happens again. Thanks for your help. Do I get my $5 back???!!!??

I'm glad it worked. Now, on the $5...I would not have spent my time providing an answer (this is not a hobby of mine- it's my livelihood), is I knew you were not going to pay me for my time?

You paid the website a deposit to work with me, but I am not actually paid unless you click a positive rating. Could you do that for me please?

Also- as far as billing/payments go: I’m a user of the site like you, so I don’t have any insight into your account, billing, or what you’re seeing on your end. You can contact Customer Service directly at: http://ww2.justanswer.com/help if you’d like.

Was there anything else you needed regarding the TV question that you posted??

WOW!! You're kind of snippy!! I thought you worked for Panasonic as Tech and got big money. I think your answer to my question was unnecessary and I'm sorry if I offended you.

I'm not sure how that was snippy, I was simply stating a fact. I am no longer involved in the conversation here.

wellmrsnippyhaveawonderfulday