TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Your question: "I have a Samsung HL61A750AIFXZA 61" LED DLP…

Customer Question
Your question: "I have a...
Your question: "I have a Samsung HL61A750AIFXZA 61" LED DLP TV. The RGB LEDs do not power on. I have replaced ; the main power board, the sub power board , the LED driver board and the DMD board and there is no change. What colud be preventing power from flowing to the LEDs?
Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: TV
10/4/2017
TV Technician: Electrotech2017, Technician replied 6 months ago
Electrotech2017
Electrotech2017, Technician
Hello my name is ***** ***** I'm happy to assist you with your TV question. Have you checked the LEDs themself by applying an external voltage such as a battery ? You can also check it with a diode tester on a Digital Multimeter.
On this particular TV usually the Main and Sub power supply boards are going out due to bulged capacitors. After that Led driver board and shorted LEDs.
Other then the LEDs is the TV coming on ? Do you hear any sound ?
Do you have all front LEDs flashing ? If yes most likely one of your LEDs is bad. You could check the following. All leds should have 2-4 volts DC from the white wire to the colored wire. Any more or less and there's a problem with the LED.
All are directly supplied 16 Volts DC.
The CONTROL VOLTAGE is the 12 to 14 Volts coming from the LED driver board..
Connect your DC voltmeter to chassis ground. Measure the 16 Volt supply to each LED, and then measure the Colored wires on the LEDs and see if you are reading 12-14 volts on them.
When the TV is plugged in it clicks, but there is no picture and one led (green) on the front panel flashes. after 2 more clicks the fans will stop and all three leds on the front panel flash until the set is unplugged. I have applied voltage from a 9v battery to all three leds and all light up. For some reason, my tester does not read DC voltage so I will have to buy another one.
What did you mean when you wrote, "All leds should have 2-4 volts DC from the white wire to the colored wire" ?
2-4V should be across the LEDS. The white wire is the common one and the other wires go to each LED. Make sure all the voltages are present and the LED on command should be present too.
When the TV is powered on the LED_EN line should go to 3.3V and stay at 3.3V.
The LED_Lamplitz signal should briefly go to 3.3V and then should go back to 0V. If it doesn't go back to 0V, LED driver PCB is defective.
Thank you for allowing me to help you with your TV issue. I want nothing more than you to be 100% satisfied with my assistance. If you need additional information please use the reply box to let me know. If you are all set and happy with my assistance, please remember to use the starts above to rate my assistance so we can close this question out.
Thank you for allowing me to help you with your question. If you have any other questions, just let me know. Otherwise, please take a moment to rate my service as is the only way I am credited for my time. Hopefully I have earned 5 Stars but if not please let me know what I can do to ensure you are satisfied.
Electrotech2017
Electrotech2017
Electrotech2017, Technician