TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I cannot get my remote to search or change channels. The…

Customer Question
I cannot get my...

I cannot get my remote to search or change channels. The remote will turn the recevier on and off and change the volume but nothing else. I have turned the power off aen taken out the card but nothing changes

Technician's Assistant: What's the exact make and model of your television? And how long has this been happening with the channels?

Sony Bravia. Started last night and the caption came on and is still on the channel.

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

My sony remote is giving me a message that my tv guide is not enabled to change channels and input settings. I have used or messed with this remote for some time

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

Just last night when I turned the tv to watch fox news with the direct remote it came on with the caption but would not let me change channels

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: TV
10/3/2017
TV Technician: Shahid, Technician replied 10 months ago
Shahid
Shahid, Technician

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you today. To make sure I don’t miss anything, please give me a minute to review your question.

- What video devices/ sources (such as cable box DVD player etc) are connected to TV and does the problem occur on all video input sources?