TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

My rca tv continues to turn off by itself. It is less than 3…

Customer Question
My rca tv continues...

My rca tv continues to turn off by itself

Technician's Assistant: What's the model number of your TV? How old is it?

It is less than 3 years old and the model number is *****

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

I have changed the batteries, turned off all power, and realized that the battery will not work with the tv

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

It just started about an hour and half ago

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Expert to know before I connect you?

It will only stay on for about 3mins maybe, and the nothing chappens before it goes off. It just shuts off

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: TV
10/3/2017
TV Technician: Mike G., Technician replied 10 months ago
Mike G.
Mike G., Technician

Hello, I see you were chatting with the site's automated response system. I am Mike, the real life technician assigned to help you. Sorry to hear you are having problems....
Are you available to chat with me right now?

When the tv is on, does it have good picture and sound?

I am available to response and the picture plus still works great
no thank you, ***** ***** want my tv repaired

Is the tv actually clicking OFF? maybe just dropping the picture/sound but still on? How do you get the picture/sound back on when the problem happens?

I prefer not to switch and it is actually turning off by itself

Please try this:
-unplug the tv POWER cord from the wall outlet.
-wait 3 full minutes then plug in the tv power cord and turn on.

-does tv still shut off?

REPLY back here and tell me what happens.

Im doing that now, I have just turned everything off

ok

It has just shut off

Since unplugging didn't help- I'm very sorry to say, this is going to be an internal failure that requires diagnosis and parts inside the tv be replaced. If you want to DIY, let me know and I may be able to help you with that here (previous electronics experience is required on your part). Otherwise you will need to use local repair shop. In home repairs start at $250 on this model and most shops charge just for diagnosis. So you may want to compare that to prices of new 50" tv's.

I know this is bad news and very upsetting but please understand I am here to provide an honest answer. I hope you will submit a 5 star rating at the top of this page and not base the rating on the fact that your tv needs parts or services outside of our control. If for some reason you don't feel I should get 5 stars, please do not rate and just let me know and I will follow up with you here.

thank you

You're welcome. All the best.