TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I recently bought a 43" Toshiba smart screen tv... and got…

Customer Question
I recently bought a 43"...
I recently bought a 43" Toshiba smart screen tv... and got my phone connected to it and started watching Yutube videos. In a day and a half, the tv go blind on me but the power light comes on but the screen doesn't come on!!! I don't know what the issue is but will want you walk me through! Here's the Model No: 43L511U18
Serial No: H15A463A007108
Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: TV
10/3/2017
TV Technician: Richard, Technician replied 8 months ago
Richard, Technician

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the TV (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then on the actual TV, hold the power button for 60 seconds then release.

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the TV, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

I am trying that now

thank you

It is not working

But it was only a minute, the instructions take at least 12 minutes to do

You just told me to hold power button for a minute right

an you please remove the power to the TV (so unplug it from the power socket).

Are you trying to help me or just need the money you didn't work for?? How am suppose wait 10 minutes or 12 minutes or 60 seconds

ok, I am not asking for any money from you...

I am providing very clear instructions for you to do, please, take the time to carefullt read and perform the instructions, I will again repeat them, they explain exactly what to do.

remove the power to the TV (so unplug it from the power socket).

Okay

Thanks

I am waiting for the ten minutes to finish

Thanks

I am gonna plug it in
There's a light that seems dark not really clear appearing on the screen
On and off

ok, what happens now when you try to turn it on?

Are you there

yes I am here, I asked what happens now when you try to turn it on?

If I hit the power on button a dim screen light appears and I seen something like hdm 1 that is really really clear to figure out all the letters and numbers

Ok, and which port is your cable box or satelite box connected to?

Currently it the tv is not connected to any cable or satellite but I just using my phone on it to watch movies on YouTube

ok, it looks now to be working, try to use your phone with it please

Are you still there Richard

yes, and I replied to you, I will again repeat

it looks now to be working, try to use your phone with it please

The screen is not clear
It is really really dark

Can you connect a device to it such as a DVD player to test?

Let me see if I can

Thanks

I have tried the DVD player and it is not working

Thanks

Can you please click on my link below and follow the steps to perform a factory reset of the TV

http://support.toshiba.com/support/viewContentDetail?contentId=4010093

Once done, let me know how it then performs.

Thank you

What next can I do
I think I am gonna trash this

You need to do the last instructions I sent, I will again repeat again

Thank you

Well I am not an expert in but it is not actually working but thanks

Just to check, did you see my last instructions, did you complete these?

I do know how to proceed

Ok, if you do know how to proceed with my insrtuction I have repeated, please do them....

I will again repeat them below

Can you do this please?

Ok Samuel, if the reset did not then It is the internal mainboard that has faulted.

A corrupted firmware can cause this. But we have ruled this out by trying to reinstall it.

I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the TV to have this replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.

I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the page, then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

It is coming on and giving me the welcome remark but the screen not clear but I can barely see the letters clear. I was able to navigate through the menu set and ran to reset Tv and the voice command to me to hit yes and I did but it continued to like come on with a dark screen

Ok, if the screen is still dark, then it is the invertor controlled byt the mainboard that has faulted.

Thank you