TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I cant get captions turned off on my tv and i dont have a cc…

Customer Question
I cant get captions...

I cant get captions turned off on my tv and i dont have a cc button on my remote

Technician's Assistant: What's the model number of your TV? How old is it?

L C-42D85Xl

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

THE MENUE WORKS

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

A couple of weeks i dont know what happened before

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: TV
10/3/2017
TV Technician: Aparna Indresh,
 replied 7 months ago
Aparna Indresh

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

TV Technician: Aparna Indresh,
 replied 7 months ago

As per my understanding you wants to turnoff the caption on your smart TV and you don't have closed caption(cc) option on your remote is it correct?

TV Technician: Aparna Indresh,
 replied 7 months ago

Please perform the below steps and let me know if this helps.

1. Press the Menu button on your remote control
  2. Select Settings
  3. Select System
  4. Select Accessibility
  5. Select Closed Captions
  6. Highlight Service Selection and press the OK button
  7. Scroll and select one of the CC (Closed Caption) options, then press the OK button
    1. CC1 = primary language the show is broadcast in (usually English)
    2. CC2 = secondary language the show is broadcast in (usually Spanish if available)
    3. CC3 thru CC6 (additional languages)
  8. Then press the right-arrow to highlight Save, then press the OK button, and press the OKbutton again to confirm.
Louie, Technician