TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Sony Model # KDS-55A2000 picture goes out and then after a…

Customer Question
Sony Model # KDS-55A2000...

Sony Model # KDS-55A2000 picture goes out and then after a few minutes, it comes back on. Continues to cycle like this as long as the TV is on. Also, just replaced the lamp.

Technician's Assistant: What's the model number of your TV? How old is it?

Model # KDS-55A2000. Manufactured in August 2006.

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Yes and yes.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

We changed the projection lamp.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: TV
10/2/2017
TV Technician: Nathan, Installer replied 10 months ago
Nathan, Installer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review and reply.

Did you have the exact same symptoms both before and after the lamp?
Can you tell me where you got that lamp and the approximate cost?

These symptoms were non-existent before the lamp change.
Got the lamp on Amazon. Don't remember what it cost.
Also, the audio DOES NOT fade in and out. We get audio as long as the tv is on.

Thank you for confirming,

I'm asking about the lamp and cost because the issues you are experiencing are symptomatic of a bad lamp.

I'm betting you bought one of the ~$25 lamps on amazon, which are essentially a counterfeit product, those "compatible" lamps are very poor quality and often defective right out of the box. Even when they do work, they typically only last a few months at best and can actually damage the tv.

I would highly recommend that as a next step you return that lamp to amazon and buy a new one. This is the proper OEM lamp to replace it with: http://amzn.to/2yk5eAu

Hello, it appears your question is still open.
Do you need more help with this?