TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

In the upper right side of my t v the mute button window is…

Customer Question
In the upper right...

In the upper right side of my t v the mute button window is shown with out any sound. I press the mute button and it's not working.

Technician's Assistant: What's the model number of your TV? How old is it?

Model number is ***** 5years old

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Yes the menu works what do you mean by all sources/inputs?

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

About 15min I was watching the t v

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: TV
10/3/2017
TV Technician: Aparna Indresh,
 replied 10 months ago
Aparna Indresh

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

TV Technician: Aparna Indresh,
 replied 10 months ago

As per my understanding on your Samsung smart TV you are getting mute button window and when you are trying to close it by using Mute option on your remote its' not going is it correct?

TV Technician: Aparna Indresh,
 replied 10 months ago

Please try these steps and let me know if this works

Step1

Press the "MENU" button on the remote to display the main menu on your Samsung TV.

Step2

Highlight "SOUND" using the directional buttons.

Step3

Press the "ENTER" button.

Step4

Highlight "Speaker Select," and set it to "External Speaker."

Step5

Press the "EXIT" button to exit the menu.