TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Lg 50p c5d tv. The Onkyo 290 5.1 blew out. Replaced it with…

Customer Question
Lg 50p c5d tv...

Lg 50p c5d tv. The Onkyo 290 5.1 blew out. Replaced it with a Pioneer VSx 832 5.1, which has "ARC". The Lg 50p c5d does not. Purchase a Fiber Opic Cable as a work around to run the sound from the Lg. Still no sound. Perfect picture coming from the Lg. I have a serge protector on the LG outlet too. Can you tell me if you think "inside" of the Lg that something might have gotten blow out? If so what is that part called ? If yes, can I purchase the part(s) or just by another circuit board to be installed? Thanks, Vic

Technician's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Pioneer is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

I putchased it in August 2007. The model is LG 50p c5d.

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Yes

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

24 hours

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: TV
10/2/2017
TV Technician: Pete, Electronic Engineer replied 10 months ago
Pete, Electronic Engineer

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Hi Vic, can you hear audio from any other input devices, e.g. a DVD player or games console?

If you can hear sound from other HDMI-connected devices, then there may be a setting incorrect on the Pioneer system.

Could you also test the Pioneer system on a different TV?

Hi Pete,No. The only audio is coming through the radio, i.e. Pioneer receiver.Text me a time and I can walk through the setting I've put in place on the system.
(###) ###-####Thx
Vic
Pete,What if any are the chances that whatever drives the sound inside the LG is the problem ? And what are those parts called ? - Vic
Pete,FYI, I also just removed the "Pioneer" receiver and when straight from the Cbl/Sat box directly hooking up to the LG TV.The simplest of hook ups and turning in the LG TV speakers setting too.Excellent picture and "no sound".What do you think?Vic