TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV is working, but stuck on one channel. The National

Customer Question
TV is working, but...

TV is working, but stuck on one channel. The National Geographic channel. Comcast remotes won't work. Changed batteries. I'm thinking there is something wrong with the TV. Have 5 year Costco warranty

Technician's Assistant: What's the model number of your TV? How old is it?

Purchased from Costco on //2/15. VixP602UI-B3

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Internet is working fine. Wi-Fi is working. Can use TV remote to call up TV menu, but not guide. Using TV remote can call up inputs -- one HiMI 3.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

The boys were using TV for gaming. I thought they had done something. I just talked to Spencer, and no, they didn't change anything. Last night, while watching OUtlander, the TV just went black. It felt hot up on the top middle back. I couldn't get it to come back on. But this midday, it did turn back on, and is stuck on the National Geographic's channel.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Expert to know before I connect you?

I think there is something wrong inside the TV that doesn't allow the remotes, the Comcast remotes, to work. There is a faint clicking sound when I try a few of the remote buttons. I'm surprised I can't fix it. Suspect it is something I can't fix.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: TV
10/1/2017
TV Technician: Mike G., Technician replied 8 months ago
Mike G.
Mike G., Technician

Hello, I see you were chatting with the site's automated response system. I am Mike, the real life technician assigned to help you. Sorry to hear you are having problems....
Are you available to chat with me right now?

Let me know when you are ready

Mike. Hello. Tv is working but I cannot get remote to work. Did procedure to reset tv to factory condition. Still stuck on one channel. Maybe need a new remote

Is there a comcast box/dvr connected to this tv that you control with a comcast remote?

Comcast box is good. No buttons on it. Says 4:10 on read out.

Please reboot that box by unplugging it's POWER cord for 20 seconds.

Watch the tv screen as the box boots back up.

Reply back let me know what happens.

welcome. Powering up This my take a few minutes

ok

Welcome to x1 platform. Connecting to your entertainment experience

ok

On channel 666 National Geograpic channel. Remote does nothing

Do you have another comcast box in your house? Is it working?

Other end of house. Jeff is watching golf.

So it's playing video and sound from NatGeo or is it a still picture/no sound?

Channel 666 is playing sound and picture clearly. Neither Visio remote or Comcast remote will change channels. Visio remote will turn off and on plus do menu.
Already cleared tv back to factory settings

This is NOT a problem with the Vizio. It's all comcast.

If these are the X1 tv boxes, you have to reboot the "Main tv box" and let it come up, then reboot the secondary tv boxes.

The cable splits where it hits house. Box down there is working. My box only does one channel. Do I need new remote from Comcast?

You need to reboot the other box. The other box might be the "main tv box". The X1 boxes are dependent on the main tv box. When a problem occurs, you have to reboot the main tv box FIRST, then the others.

If rebooting the boxes does not help, you will need to contact Comcast directly. They may be able to get things worked out over the phone/chat. If not they will tel you what to do next.

I have turned box off many times and restarted

Turning off does no good. You have to unplug the POWER cord to the box. Main tv box FIRST, then the others.

Thanks Mike. I will try that

You're welcome. Let me know how else I can help.