TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

When watching documentaries on Smithsonian TV channel, I…

Customer Question
When watching documentaries on Smithsonian...
When watching documentaries on Smithsonian TV channel, I need to read the closed captions. They are never in English or any other readable language. I don't have trouble ever with that on any other channel. I do have cable. Help! I am 84.
Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: TV
10/2/2017
TV Technician: Richard, Technician replied 10 months ago
Richard, Technician

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the TV (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then on the actual TV, hold the power button for 60 seconds then release.

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the TV, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

Tried twice following direction and it didn’t fix the problem.
Would still like to resolve my TV problem with closed caption on the Smithson***** *****nel only. Glad to be available on line or phone.

Ok, when you go to select Closed Captions for the channel, which languages do you see in the list?

Will be traveling through Monday. Will get back to you then.

ok thanks, ***** *****