TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

My tv will not allow me to hook to WiFi .. the network

Customer Question
My tv will not...

My tv will not allow me to hook to WiFi .. the network settings is greyed out

Technician's Assistant: What's the model number of your TV? How old is it?

It’s a 2011 model.. where can I find the model number? It mounted to the wall and hard to see the back of the tv

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Model number is *****

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

We had the tv hooked up in our living room for a long time and just used an Ethernet cable to hook it up but we bought a new tv for the living room and put this one in our bedroom so now we have to use it with WIFI bc the router is in our living room but when I went to switch it to the WiFi the network settings are greyed out and won’t let me change it

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Expert to know before I connect you?

I’m also resetting my tv now but other than that nothing

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: TV
10/1/2017
TV Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 10 months ago
Suhasini Velu

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

TV Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 10 months ago

May I know what is the model number of your router?