TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

The red LED on the bottom right of my screen blossoms then…

Customer Question
The red LED on...

The red LED on the bottom right of my screen blossoms then fades out. A box appears on the screen which says there is no signal. I've checked and double checks the signal from our WiFi box and all checks out there. I've unplugged and replugged in the connectors. Eventually, everything works but it takes many times of turning the set and box off/on.. Any suggestions for me. Thank you.

Technician's Assistant: What's the model number of your TV? How old is it?

I'll get the model number.. I'll be right back. The set is in the next room.. I've had the set about six years.

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Model is 42LG50.. Yes, the menu works.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

It's been like this about 4-6 months.. I just continue to turn it on/off and eventually the signal works.. That red LED in the bottom right of the set fades away.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Expert to know before I connect you?

That's about all the info I can provide.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: TV
10/1/2017
TV Technician: Anthony_Infotech, Technician replied 8 months ago
Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician

Hello
Welcome
I am sorry you are having trouble here,I am presently reviewing your question be with you very soon.

Anthony

I am assuming you are watching TV exclusively from the internet?you have a router and are using an app or similar on the set?you are not using a satellite or cable box?