TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Toshiba tv goes on by it self after turning off by remote.

Customer Question
Toshiba tv goes on...

Toshiba tv goes on by it self after turning off by remote

Technician's Assistant: What's the model number of your TV? How old is it?

Model #is 46G300U1about 6 Yrs old

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Once the tv is on everything works ok it s only when I shut the tv off with the remote about 10 to 15 min. the tv and only the tv goes on

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

Been going on for about a week nothing i can figure out has changed

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: TV
Answered in 1 hour by:
10/1/2017
TV Technician: Anthony_Infotech, Technician replied 10 months ago
Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician

Hello
Welcome
I am sorry you are having trouble here,I am presently reviewing your question be with you very soon.

Anthony

Hello

Welcome

I am sorry you are having problems here ,first thing to do is eliminate the remote itself as this could be transmitting spuriously so take the batteries OUT of the remote so the remote is dead and monitor the set again, is it still doing the same?

Anthony