TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I have just taken my to out of storage and now there is no…

Customer Question
I have just taken...

I have just taken my to out of storage and now there is no sound

Technician's Assistant: What's the model number of your TV? How old is it?

It's an LG 32LD320-ZA I think it's about 5 years old

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Same problem on all inputs

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

We had it in storage

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: TV
10/1/2017
TV Technician: Pete, Electronic Engineer replied 8 months ago
Pete, Electronic Engineer

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

How long was the TV in storage?

What all input sources have you tried using on it?

To was in storage about 6 months we've tried tv and wii inputs via scary and whatever the 3 coloured one is called

Do you have any Bluetooth sound devices paired with the TV?

Can you try attaching some headphones to the H/P socket on the rear of the TV and let me know if you can hear any sound through them?

it works with headphones

No

Ok, so the problem is limited to the built-in speaker. Do you plan on carrying out the internal tests and repairs yourself, or are you looking for a repairer in your area?

It depend on how complicated the repairs are going to be

Do you have a voltmeter available?

Do you have some mechanical knowledge to disassemble the TV and test and replace the speaker?

I could possibly get hold of a voltmeter but no I have limited mechanical knowledge - sounds like we might need an expert.

Ok, if you want to make a start and see if you can remove the rear cover off the TV to access the speakers, otherwise let me know your zip code and I can advise on a repairer in your area.