TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I have a Panasonic plasma TV about 6 years old that won't…

Customer Question
I have a Panasonic...

I have a Panasonic plasma TV about 6 years old that won't turn on

Technician's Assistant: What's the make and model of your tv, and has turning it on been a problem in the past?

Panasonic TH-P5OUT30Z. No problems in the past

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

About 3 days. Tried unplugging all connections except power, tried holding power button in for 60 secs while Power was disconnected. Tried turning on with volume button pressed. Removed back panel and blow dried dust out

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?

No thanks

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: TV
10/1/2017
TV Technician: Louie, Technician replied 8 months ago
Louie, Technician

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer, I’m Louie. Sorry you had to wait awhile but I’ll do my best to help.
Initially, is the TV completely / electrically dead?

This is an independent site and members of this online community provide information, repair tips, technical assistance as a form of paid Q & A service.

No, Green LED (not standby LED which is red) flashes about 6 or 7 tImes very fast then stays on solidly, but nothing more than that

As this would be indicative of an internal hardware issue, are you then considering a DIY (do-it-yourself) repair approach? If yes, do you have access to and familiar with a multi-meter (and even perhaps a soldering iron)?

Great on the DIY!
Please post back with clear pictures of the inside circuit boards. Click HERE.

These pictures would then serve as common references.

Appreciate the pictures.

If the TV is completely/electrically dead, then with the TV unplugged, check the fuse near the blue and brown wires connects to the power supply board.

Plug in the TV and test for the presence and consistency of 240V AC between these blue and brown wires.

Test the output voltages of the power supply board on the other wires.

A friendly reminder: voltage measurements by its very nature requires that the unit be plugged in and turned on. It is therefore LIVE! Please exercise due care and caution.