TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I have a mitsubishi wl82913, getting a dim picture. When I…

Customer Question
I have a mitsubishi...

I have a mitsubishi wl82913 , getting a dim picture. When I saw it in the store the picture was sharp. Replace the lamp with a new one, but the picture is still dim. what can I do, asking for help. Is their a store display setting.

Technician's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Mitsubishi is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

The TV is WL82913 82" Mitsubishi, purchase 2002

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Yes

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

About six months, I have been trying to correct the problem

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: TV
Answered in 2 days by:
10/3/2017
TV Technician: Electrotech2017, Technician replied 10 months ago
Electrotech2017
Electrotech2017, Technician
Hello my name is ***** ***** I'm happy to assist you with your TV question. First make sure with the supplier that the Lamp was a new Lamp. Sometimes aftermarket Lamps do not put out the same Light output then original ones. Second it could be your Lamp ballast or power supply not supplying enough voltage to the Lamp. In a lot of cases I have seen that the optical lens accumulated a lot of dust. Recommendation is to check the lens and possibly wipe clean. On both sides you have a plastic cover with a screw. Remove screw and cover and you will have access to the Lens, mirror and interior of the screen. Use a lens cleaning solution with a lintfree micro fiber cloth and wipe the lens clean.
Some of the set unfortunately do not have the access covers on the side. If yours does not have it then you would have to remove the front of the TV to gain access. I attached a picture of the top unit removal. In regards ***** ***** you can try to push the system reset button at the front. You would need a paper clip
Here is a picture for cleaning the air filter and system reset.
Thank you for allowing me to help you with your TV question. I want nothing more than you to be 100% satisfied with my assistance. If you need additional information please use the reply box to let me know. If you are all set and happy with my assistance, please remember to use the starts above to rate my assistance so we can close this question out.
Thank you for allowing me to help you with your question. If you have any other questions, just let me know. Otherwise, please take a moment to rate my service as is the only way I am credited for my time. Hopefully I have earned 5 Stars but if not please let me know what I can do to ensure you are satisfied.