TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Have a PN50B53052FX2A plasma tv that i want to connect to…

Customer Question
Have a PN50B53052FX2A plasma...

Have a PN50B53052FX2A plasma tv that i want to connect to sound bar HW-KM55C. i do not believe i have SoundConnect feature. now what?

Technician's Assistant: What's the exact make and model of your television? And what have you tried as far as getting this connected goes?

Samsung, i just gave you the model

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

All was/is working fine. i just cannot connect to the new sound bar, i believe because this is an older tv without SoundConnect. i gave you the model of the tv and the sound bar, you tell me what to do to make them connect......please

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

I just bought a brand new sound bar, and it will not connect to my tv

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Expert to know before I connect you?

I believe i have said it all. thanks

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: TV
10/1/2017
TV Technician: Nathan, Installer replied 8 months ago
Nathan, Installer
This older tv wouldn’t support the hdmi or Bluetooth connection but what you can do is connect an optical (fiber optic) cable from the TVs digital audio out port to the sound bar. Set the sound bar to the optical digital input mode and it should work though you may still want to go into the tv menu and set the tv speakers to off/external so they don’t conflict with each other. Let me know if that works for you. Thanks

Hello, it appears your question is still open.
Do you need more help with this?