TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

My sceptre 46 inch tv is 5 years old and has been acting…

Customer Question
My sceptre 46 inch tv...
My sceptre 46 inch tv is 5 years old and has been acting strange for a month. When its turned on it emits a high pitched static noise with scrambled picture, no control over channels or volume..after tv is unplugged n restarted usually fine, now wont come on screen is black no picture or sound eventhough blue power light is on...is this an easy cheap fix or time for a new tv..
Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: TV
9/30/2017
TV Technician: Steven, Technician replied 10 months ago
Steven, Technician

Hi, I have read your question and I have seen this issue before with that sort of screaching noise at turn on, sounds like that usually come from power supply related components. The power supply most likely failed completely and now it will not turn on at all.

Usually you can pick power supplies for these units for under 100.00 bucks if you can change it your self. I know these units are inexpensive so other then that most likely not worth repairing. Below is a link to the power supply but it is out of stock from that company at the moment.

Click here