TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

My LG tv screen blinks on and off. I turned the tv off in…

Customer Question
My LG tv screen...

My LG tv screen blinks on and off

Technician's Assistant: Has this happened before? And have you tried unplugging your LG and leaving it off for a few hours?

Yes

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Yes

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

I turned the tv off in the morning and when I turnrd it back on it started immediatly

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Expert to know before I connect you?

That's it

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: TV
9/30/2017
TV Technician: Steven, Technician replied 10 months ago
Steven, Technician

Hi, my name is***** have read your question, when you power on the TV does the screen lite just for a brief second then go black?

Okay that is a very well known issue with LG LCD TV's it is a failure with the LED back-light system, it can be repaired but finding a service center that performs that type of a repair may be hard. The LCD screen must be taken a part to replaced the LED lights that have shorted, most service centers will condem the Panel (screen) as too expensive to replace.