TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

My daughter just spray her 32" element tv with window

Customer Question
My daughter just spray...

My daughter just spray her 32" element tv with window cleaner. Now it has sound put no picture

Technician's Assistant: What's the model number of your TV? How old is it?

ELEFW328B... 2yrs

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Idk...all it showed was a black screen but sound coming out

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

Just happened prob.ten min ago...it's my daughter tv n she decided she wanted to clean it without me knowing

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Expert to know before I connect you?

That's it as far as i can b of help...thank u

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: TV
9/30/2017
TV Technician: Steven, Technician replied 10 months ago
Steven, Technician

Hi, my name is***** have read your question and understand you have sprayed something on the screen of the TV and now it has no picture just sound, can you tell if the screen is lit, a light blue color to it? if you press very gently on the screen do you seen any light around your finger?

One moment plz...we unhooked it in put it in the sun...thought if it dried it would help...I'll hook it back now. Give me 5

no problem

When I touch it there is w white flash
White spots..light

Okay that means that the backlight system in the TV screen is working but liquid most likely dripped down into the lower part of the LCD panel and shorted out the small circuit board that runs along the bottom of the LCD panel, this is a bad thing because it is not a replaceable part, the entire LCD panel must be replaced. that is not a cost effective repair as the LCD screen ( panel ) is 80 percent of the cost of the TV. It may dry out over time and work but I doubt it, usually when something shorts that part of the panel it is gone, sorry for the bad news but only time will tell if will work again.

i might as well get a new tv...thanks for ur help. Kids right...

So sorry, thank you for using JA.

Please consider rating or accepting as that is how the techs on the site get credit for there time here. Thank you again.