TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Two pops and sparks. no picture and no sound. pn50b550t2f,

Customer Question
Two pops and sparks...

Two pops and sparks. no picture and no sound.

Technician's Assistant: What's the model number of your TV? How old is it?

Pn50b550t2f

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Black screen so can't get to anything.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

TV on normal for about a minute and then sparks.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Expert to know before I connect you?

I suspect it is the power supply.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: TV
9/30/2017
TV Technician: Shahid, Technician replied 7 months ago
Shahid
Shahid, Technician

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you today. To make sure I don’t miss anything, please give me a minute to review your question.

- Any idea how old is the TV?

- Is the TV working in humid atmosphere/ high humidity area?

8 years. normal area.

OK, it seems pop sound came from sustain boards located on either sides at rear of TV calls y-main and x-main, usually y-main board goes out and second pop came from power supply board because of shorted y-main board, in other words it could be two different circuit boards bad in TV and swapping these boards will help to fi the problem.

Please click following link to view y-main and power board image and part number info to search/ google to get price info if you have plan to do it yourself..

http://www.shopjimmy.com/samsung/pn50b550t2fxza

Since TV is an old model so it could be tough/ hard to get replacement boards.

If you are not comfortable working on it yourself then you may please use following link to get list of TV repair shops in area which will help to get repair quote...
http://www.tvrepairpros.com/
http://www.tvrepairman.com/
I'm sorry there is no easy or quick fix for this problem and it is definitely hardware failure that needs defective boards replacement to resolve the issue. I trust my input will help you out to make decision about this TV repair or invest that money on new replacement TV.
If you have any additional questions, feel free to ask. If you're satisfied, please rate me a 5-star at the top of your page so I can get credit of my work on website.
Thank you.

When I apply power to the TV the power light comes on for a short time then out followed by 5 equally spaced flashes.

5X flashing could an error code but Samsung haven't provided any info for that error code, power supply board of TV has multiple voltage supplies for different sections of TV and pop sound came from high voltage section that provide volts to sustain board would be faulty, in any trouble / failure in power board the entire power board will be replaced to ensure repair quality.

I hope these info will help

Thanks

Shahid
Shahid
Shahid, Technician