TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Our television will not turn on when it is connected to the…

Customer Question
Our television will not turn...
Our television will not turn on when it is connected to the cable box. The light/power will go on and no picture will show and then disconnect/turn off within a minute. When it is not connected to the cable box it stays on. When the cable box is connected to a different tv there is no issue.
Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: TV
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/30/2017
TV Technician: Jack, Technician replied 10 months ago
Jack
Jack, Technician

Hello
My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with this.
A few questions coming up and please note that there may be delays between replies if i have to gather various info .
Also ,If you seem to lose me during the chat then refresh your browser (F5 key) and /or scroll down to the last written line at the bottom , that window seem to get stuck at times .
Please send me a hello so i know you can see my reply ?

hello
Model - RCA - 46" - #46LB45RQ

sorry , had to step out for a bit

Can you see the TV's own menu when you lose the screen ?

It never connects to the picture
Does it need to be connected to the cable box to try it?
We can see the menu
Hello?

Well , yes you do need a source of signal

If you can see the TV's on menu then its a good sign so far

What happened anyway , it turned off while playing ?