TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I have a sharp LC-60LE640U the TV won't turn on. When I plug…

Customer Question
I have a sharp LC-60LE640U...
I have a sharp LC-60LE640U the TV won't turn on. When I plug it in the sharp ^ symbol just puts out an error code of one long flash / one fast flash and just keeps repeating that forever. I believe it has something to do with Back lights but I would like to know for certain before I order any parts.Things I have tried.I have tried holding all of the following combinations and plugging the TV in while holding.
volume down / channel up / power
volume down / channel up / input
powerbut I have had no luck getting the K to appear on the screen or the screen to do anything.
Every time I try any of the combinations the only thing that happens is the error code starts flashing.I pretty tech savvy and have a voltage meeter for testing so feel free to ask for that.Thanks in advance!
Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: TV
Here are some pictures to help
rsz_20170930_110700.jpgrsz_201...jpgrsz_20170930_110654.jpgrsz_201...jpgrsz_20170930_110648.jpgrsz_201...jpgrsz_20170930_104823.jpgrsz_201...jpg
Answered in 1 hour by:
9/30/2017
TV Technician: Shahid, Technician replied 10 months ago
Shahid
Shahid, Technician

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you today. To make sure I don’t miss anything, please give me a minute to review your question.

While holding down the “VOL Down” and “INPUT” keys on TV at same time, plug in the AC cord of the TV to turn on the power.

Does screen glow with letter K on it?

Shahid,I tried pressing and holding the volume down button and input and plugging it in and nothing happened but the error code started. I also tried pressing the volume down and input plugging and pressing the power button but the same result happened. :(

Sorry to hear that, “VOL Down” and “INPUT” keys on TV at same time, plug in the AC cord of the TV is correct procedure for this model to bypass error code but it appears it is hardware related issue as TV screen should have glow/ turn On if TV has locked due to error, however, it is definitely problem with backlight system of TV.

After looking at power board picture attached in this chat thread, the power board has dark color shade on upper left so it seems power board is defective as that area is backlight inverter section that provides high volts to backlight LEDs in display panel/ the screen. Please swap the power supply board in TV and again apply the by pass procedure to get TV power On and then we would go into service menu to clear error code to get the TV in normal working order.

I hope these info will help. If you have any additional questions, feel free to ask. If you're satisfied, please rate me a 5-star at the top of your page so I can get credit of my work on website.
Thank you.

can the board be repaired? and do you have a recommendation of where to get one?

This type of board isn't suppose to be repaired on component level nor the required parts are available to do so.

Please check following link to view power board image and part number info to search. google it to get better price info to order it.

https://encompass.com/item/9257726/Sharp/RUNTKB057WJQZ/Power_Supply_Board

Thanks

hmm I have tested the area that you referenced on the board and all the diodes seem to be testing well and same with the resisters. also what about this:
kit http://www.shopjimmy.com/sharp-runtka932wjqz-dps-162kp-a-power-supply-led-board-repair-kit.htm

If you're comfortable with soldering work then try the repair kit. Entire board swapping option is always there if repair kit doesn't work.

Thanks