TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

My roku has picture but no sound. TV is less than one year…

Customer Question
My roku has picture...

My roku has picture but no sound

Technician's Assistant: What's the model number of your TV? How old is it?

TV is less than one year old Samsung Smart tv. I have no sound issue when the tv is using local HD tv antena for local tv

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

TV works menu works fine I have the roku connected via HDMI 1

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

Work fine 0ne day ago it just popped up last night. I strEam through Sling tv

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: TV
9/30/2017
TV Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 10 months ago
Suhasini Velu

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

TV Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 10 months ago

May I know what model of Roku do you have?

Is that

Roku 2 XS (3100)

Roku Streaming Stick, MHL (3400, 3420)

Roku Streaming Stick, HDMI (3500)

Roku Premium Plus
TV Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 10 months ago

Thank you.Let me check on this and will be back to you.

TV Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 10 months ago

Just to confirm is your roku directly connected to your TV or is it connected to an a/v receiver?

by HDMI cable
TV Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 10 months ago

Please follow the instructions below and let me know if that works.

1. Check the volume level and mute settings on your television. Make sure mute is OFF and that the volume setting is at an appropriately audible level.
  2. If you are using a composite cable, check that the audio connectors are snugly attached at both ends. Composite audio cables generally have a red or white connector.
  3. Connect the Roku player to a different input (ideally one you know works) and see if you can now hear audio. If you can, then there is a problem with the previous input on the TV.
  4. Try changing the cable.
Will try and let you know
TV Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 10 months ago

Thank you. I will wait.

TV Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 10 months ago

Hi, Is that working?

Won't be home til after 8
TV Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 10 months ago

Oh alright. Please write back to me when you have done that. I'll be happy to assist you if that doesn't work.