TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Kdl-52ex700 5 blinks. KDL-52EX700. NO display. Nothing. It…

Customer Question
Kdl-52ex700 5 blinks Technician's...

Kdl-52ex700 5 blinks

Technician's Assistant: What's the model number of your TV? How old is it?

KDL-52EX700

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

NO display

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

Nothing

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Expert to know before I connect you?

It standby red led blinks 5 times after I try to power it on

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: TV
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/30/2017
TV Technician: Shahid, Technician replied 10 months ago
Shahid
Shahid, Technician

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you today. To make sure I don’t miss anything, please give me a minute to review your question.

- Did you replace any circuit board in TV and got this error code, 5X?

No, the tv suddenly stopped working
When you turn it on it blinks red 5 fimes

OK, 5x blink error code occurs due to hardware related problem and either t-con board or main board (BAL board) is faulty in TV. Swapping the board(s) is only option to fix this problem. Please click following links to view t-con and BAL board image and part number info that can be search/ google to get price info if you have plan to do it yourself..

http://www.shopjimmy.com/sony-runtk4353tpzc-t-con-board.htm

http://www.shopjimmy.com/sony-a-1763-462-a-bal-board.htm

If you are not comfortable working on it yourself then you may please use following link to get list of TV repair shops in area which will help to get repair quote...
http://www.tvrepairpros.com/
http://www.tvrepairman.com/
I'm sorry there is no easy or quick fix for this problem and it is definitely hardware failure that needs defective board replacement to resolve the issue. I trust my input will help you out to make decision about this TV repair or invest that money on new replacement TV.
If you have any additional questions, feel free to ask. If you're satisfied, please rate me a 5-star at the top of your page so I can get credit of my work on website.
Thank you.