TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I have an old Sharp lc-15sh7u. It does not have a remote…

Customer Question
I have an old...

I have an old Sharp lc-15sh7u. It does not have a remote with it. I got it from my deceased aunt's house and am not even sure it works. When I try to get it up with my cable box, it only says to try imput 1 or imput 2. I don't know which one to pick. I can get neither to work.

Technician's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Sharp is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Sharp LC-15SH7U

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Menu works. It is only letting me choose from input 1 or input 2.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

I just got the tv from my aunt's the other day. I don't know if she had this issue or not. I went out an bought a universal remote, which seems to work. The TV wants to auto scan for channels. I let it do that but it's not picking up any. The cable box is connected correctly.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: TV
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/30/2017
TV Technician: Aric, Technician replied 10 months ago
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

The cable box can be connected in several different ways- all of which can work, but we need to know specifically HOW the cable box is connected to the TV- using what type of cable? Plugged into which port on the TV? All of the ports on the TV are labeled- look at the label and tell me where you plugged the cable box into.

I don't see any port labeled. It is old and there is no HDMI. It is screwed into the only place you can screw a cable into. On the side of the tv, not on the back where there are places to hook up audio and video components
are you there? I don't want to pay for a phone call.
HELLO??