TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I am trying to set up my Netflix thru the tv. I get to the…

Customer Question
I am trying to...

I am trying to set up my Netflix thru the tv. I get to the screen and it is telling me to click the hdtv settings app on the 'dock' and select my 'network'. I am using a universal remote from Best Buy and have no idea what I am doing. My original remote died and had to be replaced.

Technician's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the HDTV's exact make and model?

Model vf552xvt

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

I can change the sources. i only have set up for tv, dvd and radio

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

I'm just watching my dvr show while i set up the new remote. I'm not sure where to even go for the tv settings.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Expert to know before I connect you?

My ex husband was the electronic guru

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: TV
9/30/2017
TV Technician: Aparna Indresh,
 replied 10 months ago
Aparna Indresh

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

TV Technician: Aparna Indresh,
 replied 10 months ago

As per my understanding you are trying to setup Netflix on your smart TV while setting up it is asking to select my network is it correct?

TV Technician: Aparna Indresh,
 replied 10 months ago

If this is the case you need to connect your TV to the Internet to access Netflix so please select the network and then you will be getting option to select wired or wireless then it will search for the WiFi and you will be getting option to select the WiFi network and connect your TV to internet.

TV Technician: Aparna Indresh,
 replied 10 months ago

Please let me know if you are able to do this.