TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

All of a sudden the color picture on all channels faded to a…

Customer Question
All of a sudden...

All of a sudden the color picture on all channels faded to a pale whitish green

Technician's Assistant: What's the exact make and model of your television? And how long has this been happening with the channels?

The TV is LN37A150C1D and the problem just occured...

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

I will try the menu....it will take a couple of minutes....

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

The menu works...........the problem just now occurred.........nothing happened just before.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Expert to know before I connect you?

That's about it..........

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: TV
9/30/2017
TV Technician: Shahid, Technician replied 10 months ago
Shahid
Shahid, Technician

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you today. To make sure I don’t miss anything, please give me a minute to review your question.

- What video devices/ sources (such as cable box DVD player etc) are connected to TV and does the problem occur on all video input sources?

I use a TV antenna...........I have a DVD player, recorder connected but it was not in use when this problem happened...
The TV is about 10years old...

OK, so problem occurs when watch local TV channels, correct?

Can you playback a DVD disc as a test to see if picture looks normal?

I can try...it will take a few minutes.........

No problem, take your time.

If problem persist then unplug TV power cord form power outlet for 10 minutes, replug back in and reply back with the result.

The DVD player works but the picture on the TV is the same.............
Ok...I will unplug the TV....be back in 10 minutes......
I am back..........plugged the TV back in.............still have the same faded picture.
Are you there?

Yes, typing info for you, hold on please

Sorry to hear that, it is either display panel internal fault or t-con board isn't working correctly and it might be not getting correct voltage supply from power board.

It needs to first check the power supply board output volts such as 5V, 12/13V etc then swap the t-con board to see if it fix the issue or we have defective display panel which is end of this TV because display panel/ the screen would cost more than new TV price of same size if still available with Samsung Parts in area.

Ok...guess my display panel is shot...............thanks for trying.

Please check with www.shopjimmy.com link and put correct TV model number to view t-con board image and part number info if you have plan to do it yourself, taking the TV in would cost you good money and it may not worth as TV is already obsolete/ 10 years old.

I'm sorry there is no easy or quick fix for this problem and it is definitely hardware failure that needs defective board or display panel replacement to resolve the issue. I trust my input will help you out to make decision about this TV repair or invest that money on new replacement TV. I would recommend a new TV instead of spending time and money on this old unit.
If you have any additional questions, feel free to ask. If you're satisfied, please rate me a 5-star at the top of your page so I can get credit of my work on website.
Thank you.

No....I'll just replace the TV....thanks.

Much welcome, wish you the best~