TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Why should i have to pay to have someone troubleshoot a

Customer Question
Why should i have...

Why should i have to pay to have someone troubleshoot a product that is less than a year old

Technician's Assistant: Because the Appliance Technician will solve your problem quickly right now and for a fraction of the cost of seeing an in-person Appliance Technician.

Okay

Technician's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

3 days

Technician's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Hopefully - the tv is less than 6 mos old

Technician's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

When i turn the tv on it says no signal - wi fi is working and the other tv is fine - pvr that is connected also works - all connections have been checked

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: TV
9/29/2017
TV Technician: Shahid, Technician replied 10 months ago
Shahid
Shahid, Technician

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you today. To make sure I don’t miss anything, please give me a minute to review your question.

1- Could you please get me the complete model number written on back cover or side panel of TV?
2- What video devices/ sources (such as cable box DVD player etc) are connected to TV and does the problem occur on all video input sources?

caaa61019687 / pvr /other tv works fine

caaa61019687 isn't a valid TV model number, please recheck

caaa6101967

What is the brand/ make of TV?

Samsung, Sony, Vizio, Panasonic etc

panasonic

OK, then model number would start like TC-xxxx

tc49dx650c

Thank you.

- Have you tried to disconnect TV and cable box power cords from power outlet for 10 minutes to reset, replug back in, let cable box reboot that may take several minutes and check?
If not yet, please try it now and reply back with the result

i have shut down everything 3 times - the other tv / pvr & all wifi works fine

OK, make sure to unplug Power Cords of TV and Cable Box from power outlet/ power strip for 10 minutes.

i have done that 3 times
unplugged everything

OK, it is quite possible TV is set on wrong input source, please press Input button on TV remote and select HDMI input that should bring cable/ PVR picture on TV.

done that many times all i get is a diagram & below that edit changes

I'm out of ideas what is causing the issue so will opt out to repost this question for other experts to assist you further.

Thanks

WHAT - i have spent over an hour with you and you can't figure this out - i'm sorry this tv is under 6 months old - every other tv / pvr & wifi works fine - i want answers & i am not paying $35.00 to find it out
remember earlier i asked why i should pay $5.00 - well i am sorry i did -glad i didn't end up paying the $35.00 this site is useless - i will NEVER buy one of your products again & will tell all of my friends