TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

We had hurricane Irma & my service went out for tv,phone &

Customer Question
We had hurricane Irma...

We had hurricane Irma & my service went out for tv,phone & internet,One week later Comcast came out to the house to fix my service & TV only had sound no picture, model #LED55C55R120 55inch.Is the TV worth repairing only 2 years old.?

Technician's Assistant: What confuses you?

How do I get a picture

Technician's Assistant: What's the make and model of your tv? Have you had any issues with the sound before?

RCA model # LED55C55R120, no sound issues but no PICTURE

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Not sure about the menu, but other TV' s are fine

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

We had hurricane Irma in Florida

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

The TV is only 2 years old & 55 inch

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: TV
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
phone
9/29/2017
TV Technician: Shahid, Technician replied 10 months ago
Shahid
Shahid, Technician

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you today. To make sure I don’t miss anything, please give me a minute to review your question.

- Does screen glow/ show backlight or any graphics appear when turn On TV power?

It glows a bluish black, but no graphics, we have sound

OK, it seems problem is with main board of TV which isn't sending out video data to screen and replacement of main bard will fix the problem. There are several different version of main board utilized in this model so get the part number off of main board installed in TV and check with following supplier to get identical replacement main board if you have plan to do it yourself..

http://www.shopjimmy.com/rca/led65g55r120q

Main board is one where video/ HDMI inputs are located.

If you are not comfortable working on it yourself then you may please use following link to get list of TV repair shops in area which will help to get repair quote...
http://www.tvrepairpros.com/
http://www.tvrepairman.com/
I'm sorry there is no easy or quick fix for this problem and it is definitely hardware failure that needs defective board replacement to resolve the issue. I trust my input will help you out to make decision about this TV repair or invest that money on new replacement TV.
If you have any additional questions, feel free to ask. If you're satisfied, please rate me a 5-star at the top of your page so I can get credit of my work on website.
Thank you.