TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

My samsung tv is upside down, Is 1 1/2 years old, yes it…

Customer Question
My samsung tv is...

My samsung tv is upside down

Technician's Assistant: How old is your Samsung, and have you tried unplugging it and leaving it off for a few hours?

Is 1 1/2 years old

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Yes it happens in all sources

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

I replaced the main board

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

The tv was damaged during a thunderstorm and I replaced the main board to fix it. It work except is now is upside down I did factory reset also I updated the software version too

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: TV
9/29/2017
TV Technician: Jason Jones, Customer Service replied 10 months ago
Jason Jones, Customer Service

I am sorry to hear about your problem. My name is ***** *****, I am a Tech Expert with over 20 years of experience and look forward to helping you today.

Please, note that you can click Reply to Expert to reply to me. A rating is only needed when we are finished.

May I ask for the model name of your Samsung TV?

I will be standing by, looking forward to your response.
Thank you,
Jason

ManufacturerSamsungModel NumberUN55J6201AFXZA

When did it flip upside down? Did you recently do anything to the TV or repair anything on it?

the tv was damaged during a thunderstorm and I replaced the main board to fix it. It work except is now is upside down I did factory reset also I updated the software version too

Please, do the following:
- On the remote control, press the following keys in sequence, quickley: Info, Menu, Mode, and Power

- That will bring up the System Menu

- In the system menu, look for the Mirror or Flip option. It may be in the Advanced section, Option, Display, etc.

Once you do that, you should be all good to go. Please, update me after you do this.

I have tried that sequence but the service menu doesn't come up

Instead, press MUTE, 1, 8, 2, and Power.

Did that work?

I will try that next.
I will try later today after 6 when In front of tv

Thank you