TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I've got a samsung plasma that worked perfectly but after a…

Customer Question
I've got a samsung...

I've got a samsung plasma that worked perfectly but after a move to florida i went to set it up and realized there is vertical 2or 3 inch section in the middle of the screen starting at the top of white fuz. The rest of the picture is fine but this strip of fuz stays put.

Technician's Assistant: What's the model number of your TV? How old is it?

Its an fp-T5084

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Its probably 6 years old or more. and yes the menu works and it's the same on all sources

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

We just moved from texas to florida and im just hooking it up when i noticed..its happened during our move i guess i did notice one of the coax cable connections has been knocked off but i dont know how long thats been there

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

I can send a picture if it will help ok thanks

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: TV
9/29/2017
TV Technician: Anthony_Infotech, Technician replied 10 months ago
Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician

Hello
Welcome
I am sorry you are having trouble here,I am presently reviewing your question be with you very soon.

Anthony

OK what this means is the buffer board that controls that area of the screen is not working,now because you moved the set the first thing to do is to check all the ribbon leads connecting the boards together as that would be the logical assessment of this issue ,is this something you think you can do yourself?

Anthony

i can do this..Am I just looking to see if something has come unplugged?
ok everything was plugged in ... whats the next step?

Take a photo or two of the inside of the set, I still suspect a lead issue here, I will make a judgement when I see the inside, there should be a paperclip your end to upload a photo here

here are several shots across the top of the tv
CameraZOOM-2017092917212...jpgCameraZ...jpgCameraZOOM-2017092917211...jpgCameraZ...jpgCameraZOOM-2017092917190...jpgCameraZ...jpgCameraZOOM-2017092917211...jpgCameraZ...jpgCameraZOOM-2017092917231...jpgCameraZ...jpgCameraZOOM-2017092917224...jpgCameraZ...jpgCameraZOOM-2017092917214...jpgCameraZ...jpgCameraZOOM-2017092917213...jpgCameraZ...jpg

You see those white ribbon leads running from one board to the other you have to take those out and reinsert them, this is the procedure we use to make sure of a positive connection so its both ends of each lead take your time as they are easily broken

ok awesome..i'll do that now

Has to be something that has happened in transit, lead issues are the most common

It could be the buffer board itself however because you moved it then I would be suspecting lead issues

unfortunately i took them all off and reinserted them all along the top and bottom. Nothing changed.

I am not sure how they are connected at the panel you see in photo 5052jpg (last 4 digits) maybe one of those has come adrift but I dont know (unless I was there)how to remake those,not sure if you should remove the bar

Usually if you can remeber where the line was then transpose that to the backof the set it may be that plug that is bad

A positive rating is appreciated thank you (rating bar of stars top of the page thank you) 3 to 5 stars and the site will release a payment to me thank you.
Regards
Anthony