TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

When I switch to an HD channel and select info or TV guide…

Customer Question
When I switch to an...
When I switch to an HD channel and select info or TV guide grid it is so enlarged it does not fit on screen. Picture is fine. Switch to regular channel and all is normal. Cable provider is Comcast and they said this is not a cable problem. Said this problem is not even addressed in their textbook.
Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: TV
9/29/2017
TV Technician: Anthony_Infotech, Technician replied 8 months ago
Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician

Hello
Welcome
I am sorry you are having trouble here,I am presently reviewing your question be with you very soon.

Anthony

Thank you

Please pick up the box emote and look on the remote for

Zoom

HD Zoom

Format

Aspect

Ratio

The HASH button usually underneath the number 9 on the remote

Try any button like that on the cable remote ,let me know if you have success or not please

Anthony

We have never used theTV remote. We have a wirelesss remote because our cable boxes are in a cabinet.

I am referring to the cable remote?

Ok sorry about that. Let me try.

ok

We don't use cable remote either. The remote was supplied to us by the company that installed our TV several years ago is there something on the television controls that we can do this with?

No its all done from the remote?do you have the remote?

Let me check. Will take a few minutes. OK?

You need the original cable remote if not you will have to ask the cable company for one

Yes no prob

Got that. Let we put batteries in just one minute

OK

Ok i'm ready. Will this disconnect my wireless remote but we have been using. I can't do that because our wireless remote signals right through her closed cabinet door
I don't want that one disconnected

All remotes are wireless I really do not know what you mean here maybe the TV remote has been programmed to operate the cable ,no it wont do anything to that

I know they're all wireless and I maybe using the wrong description. Or cable boxes or behind a closed door the remote that we use signals through the closed door to the box. A regular remote will not do that. That's all I'm trying to say but as long as my original remote will not be discontinued I'm fine
Correction our cable box

Its just that the original remote is the only one you can use, it wont affect anything else

I understand. Thank you. I have the original remote the cable company gave us

Pleas now look for the buttons I mentioned earlier

I see HD zoom

Yes press that

I did. Nothing happens

You are sure that remote works?so try changing channel with it now

Well no this remote does not work. Cannot change channels.
Are you there, Anthony?

Yes re-change the batteries first

Ok
I change the batteries and nothing works. What other options do I have?

You will need to get the remote for that box.......remotes control everything there is no options outside of that....its my guess then the hdzoom will work

Ring cable company and ask for one

A positive rating is appreciated thank you (rating bar of stars top of the page thank you) 3 to 5 stars and the site will release a payment to me thank you.
Regards
Anthony

This is the remote that came with my cable box.
The television is seven years old and so is this remote even though it's never been used. I don't know if this makes a difference or not.

Yes I understand but its not working?it should be working the remote controls the cable box only and always will nothing can change that

So its either broke or you mentioned it was in a cabinet you HAVE to make sure the remote has good line of sigt to the receiver window on the box

sorry Anthony. The cabinet door with the cable box was closed therefore it would not connect with the remote. The doors open now I could change the channels and everything. I will mail hit the age HD zoom button

*sight

I did and a message came up normal

Is it working now?for the picture geometry?

What does that mean. It just flashed in the corner the word normal

OK you pressed the button right?the box is now changing the picture geometry normal will come up, is it now OK the pic size??

The picture size was always OK. It was just when I press the information for the grade for the TV channels but that writing was so enlarged that would not fit on the screen when it was in the HD mode. The TV channel grid is still enlarged

You have to CONTINUALLY press this button

Its only OFF the screen because the pic is too big

We get the full picture. It's only when we try and to view the TV channel guide. The guide it's self is the part that is in large
It's like the Channel guide is super zoomed in. Not the picture
If we view NOT on HD the channel grade is all normal
Channel grid. Autocorrect is maddening
Anthony are you there. Is there anything else we can try
The problem is not being resolved. I do not expect to be charged.
Is anybody there?
Good bye.